Social Media Intern
Coordinate with internal colleagues, and supervisors on the development and execution of social media content, engagement, creative, and other deliverables.
- Create compelling and engaging content to inform and inspire others.
- Deliver a calendar of forward-looking social posts that often changes and is synched up with our product, comms and corporate releases and calendars.
- Author and deploy posts on clients’ owned social channels on a daily basis – across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat and other platforms
- Engage in branded conversations
- Identify and create strategic opportunities for the brand to engage target audiences in a two-way dialog – conversation prompts, questions, polls, live events, and other tactics
- Help reach out to potential influencers and brand ambassadors with the aim of creating opportunities to produce content, extend reach, and generate earned media exposure
- Manage paid social media activities- record and track various discount codes, collaborations, branded content.
- Be data-driven- track patterns of behavior through interactions with users, provide KPI metrics gathered through Analytics on various social media platforms.
- Serve as the eyes and ears for the brand, monitoring and reporting on user sentiment and interests, brand engagement, competitive activities, etc.
- Aggregate performance data into a single comprehensive reporting tool
- Analyze data and synthesize insights to inform future and ongoing social activities –identifying opportunities to optimize activities every week
- Assist with the creation of branded photography & content (i.e aspirational product photography)
- Ability to engage intelligently with brand audiences & increase organic engagement – to translate the brand’s messaging, value and aesthetic propositions into thought-led communications that address the audience’s needs, challenges, and interests
- Advanced creative writing experience with an ability to understand the brand tone and translate that into effective social posts that drive desired actions (engagement, clicks, etc.)
- Availability to work extended hours – including limited time on weekends – to provide comprehensive monitoring, engagement and coverage throughout the day
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills with an ability to create planned post schedule and follow through seamless execution while meeting deadlines
- Ability to measure, track, and report on campaign effectiveness, and optimize along the way to ensure campaign success
- Analytical expertise in assessing social media trends, and ability to match the brand’s specific aesthetic.
- Experience with PhotoShop, Illustrator, Excel, Google Suite preferred.
- Experience working with social media tools such as Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Feedly, Pinterest etc is a plus.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Is hungry for new experiences in a startup setting & is able to problem-solve while multitasking. Be a responsible and reliable Team member and deliver on a deadline.
Finally, share our passion for social change regarding women’s health especially eliminating the stigma surrounding menstruation and reproductive rights.
This is a paid internship.