L. is currently experiencing rapid growth and seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our accounting and finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations, and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
- Assist with month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepare closing journal entries, post accrual entries, and prepare financial statements.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; analyze and reconcile internal general ledger accounts and bank statements.
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Prepare customer invoices; post receipts to customer accounts; verify status of delinquent accounts and solicit payments on overdue balances; reconcile accounts receivable aging to general ledger.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verify information.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships